1) adapt our existing factual programming genre for television and OTT partner and clients
2) develop and sell scripted and unscripted entertainment according to our audience's interests and client/partner needs.
The ideal candidate has experience in i) raising funding from private and public sources, ii) line producing, and) iii) navigating through the tax credit and subsidy landscape.
WatchMojo is represented by William Morris Endeavor in 2015. +
As such, during phase 1, we are looking for screenwriters, writers and story editors to develop various concepts we have in early development.
If you are interested, please submit your candidacy, with resumes and pertinent spec scripts of existing series that demonstrate strengths in your preferred genre, as well as compensation info. NOTE: we will not be accepting or reading original pieces. +
- Strong working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X.
- You have your own editing hardware and software (Final Cut Pro 7 version 10.1.1.) +
We will do so by:
1) leveraging the 100+ freelance writers we work with and developing a pipeline of new fiction and non-fiction titles.
2) seeking submissions by young writers that would appeal to our audiences by promoting WMP as a new independent publisher already reaching 40 million consumers globally on multiple platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, MSN, Aol, Verizon, Amazon, etc.
3) developing concepts that would adapt our catalogue of thousands of Top 10, Biography, Profile video scripts into entertaining factual eBooks.
As dozens of academic publishers use our informative and entertaining content in their K12 and ESL programs, there is an opportunity to develop both fiction and non-fiction, pop culture and educational titles, etc.
As such, we are looking for an experienced, creative, entrepreneurial editor to partner with on these projects.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in arts/pop culture journalism and publishing, and especially in creating and laying out eBooks and/or digital magazines.
- Have the ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Have an understanding and ability of research methods, as we're essentially launching a new division within an existing media company and releasing new products
- Be tech-savvy with a grasp of evolving business models and technical opportunities
- Be knowledgeable of pop culture in general
- Work with WatchMojo's editorial staff to articulate a vision for the project(s), then lend their creativity and knowledge to help guide
- Be familiar with WatchMojo's content
- Be based in Montreal, QC
Additionally the candidate will be responsible for projects and communications between the studio Team, creative team, editorial team and the sales team, helping out with sales collateral and new sponsorship/branded offerings. The ideal candidate also will have an interest in growing into a Director of Sales role, in as little as 3 month to 6 months after their start date. The role will require some travel within the west coast, likely one to two days a month, and a two to three day internal staff meeting in NYC or Montreal two to three times a year. . +
All jobs are based in Montreal, QC, apart from the Freelance Writer positions which are open to anyone globally, or where mentioned.
For any position, please submit your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com, with the job position as the subject line
We produce Top 10 lists as well as Versus, Biographies and Profiles on the People, Places and Things that shape pop culture.
Launched in 2006, WatchMojo informs and entertains through video. Its top 10 countdown lists on pop culture and infotainment have proven wildly popular. Our 12 million subscribers generate 1.7 billion minutes of watch time while watching close to 300 million videos each month.
In 2011, Digiday named WatchMojo a finalist for the Best Video Entertainment Destination; in 2012, Marketing magazine considered WatchMojo a "company to watch out for," and in 2015, Ernst & Young awarded WatchMojo the top award in the Media & Entertainment category.
As of June 2016, we operate the 10th largest YouTube channel of all time.